You’ve heard of CBD, you’ve heard of CBD chocolate and we are all familiar with Easter eggs, but have you ever considered trying your hand at CBD chocolate Easter eggs?
With this recipe, you can up your Easter egg game and turn this tradition into something extra special.
You will need:
- Peppermint CBD oil
- Dark Chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Egg-shaped Moulds
- Peppermint sweets (candy canes are often peppermint)
- Plastic sandwich bag
1. Place your chosen chocolate chips (we chose dark to complement the minty taste) into a bowl and place over a pan of very hot (but not boiling) water, ensuring the bowl is not in direct contact with the water.
Melt slowly, stirring occasionally.
2. Add in 105g (½ cup) of coconut oil and stir it around until melted and the liquid is more of a liquid.
3. Remove the bowl from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
4. Once cooled, add in the peppermint CBD oil. You can choose how much to add, but I used a full dropper (1/2 ml) of the oil.
5. Spoon the chocolate into the large egg moulds, turn upside down and tap until the whole mould is covered with a thin and equal layer of chocolate. Turn the correct way up and leave to set. Leave a little chocolate left over to use later for decoration.
6. Place the moulds in the fridge for 3 hours.
7. Put your peppermint sweets/candycanes into a plastic bag and use the hammer to smash them up.
8. Once the chocolate eggs are set, re-melt the remaining chocolate you saved from earlier and brush over the egg.
9. Sprinkle the smashed-up minty bits on top of the eggs to decorate, add crunch and flavour
10. Place back in the fridge for ten minutes or so.
…and enjoy! Happy CBD chocolate-making, happy CBD chocolate-eating – and Happy Easter!