It’s National Dessert Day!
The day to celebrate everyone’s favourite course, the sweet treat we dream about all day. It’s the icing on top of the three-course meal cake. There are so many options, from the heavier cakes and tarts to the light ice creams and sorbets. Nothing rounds a meal out better.
Of course, we had to celebrate this incredibly delicious day! We searched through hundreds of different desserts and landed on the staple chocolate mousse. Delicate and delicious, messy yet perfection, a chocolate mousse is an easy recipe to serve at a dinner party with friends or a Sunday dinner with family.
To celebrate National Dessert Day, we decided to give it a CANNAVIST twist and infuse our chocolate mousse with CBD. Now you can indulge with a side order of chill at your next dinner party.
We used Chill Brother Full Spectrum Natural CBD Oil 2000mg. Chill Brother have been an office favourite at The CANNAVIST for a while, making them the perfect choice for our National Dessert Day recipe. Their CBD oil has a relaxing natural flavour, packed full of terpenes.
- 150g 70% dark chocolate
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche, to serve
- 1 pipette Chill Brother Full Spectrum Natural CBD Oil 2000mg
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, scatter in the sugar and whisk again until the mixture forms stiff peaks when you lift the whisk out.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is just melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg whites and sugar mix and fold, working quickly so the chocolate doesn’t cool and harden.
- Add and mix the CBD oil into the mousse. Mix well so it is evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 glasses or ramekins and set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Serve each mousse with a dollop of crème fraîche and enjoy!
Try our recipe today with your preferred CBD oil and let us know what you think in the comments.
Hungry for more, check out our other CBD-inufsed recipes in The CANNAVIST Cooking Theatre.